Does your organisation struggle to archive and preserve research data?
Do you think that the archiving and preservation services available at your organisation are inadequate or fall below expectations?
Do you feel that data stewardship costs are underestimated during the planning phase of your research project?
The ARCHIVER project aims at fulfilling these data management issues allowing each research group to retain total stewardship of their data whilst leveraging best practices, standards and economies of scale. ARCHIVER will use a Pre-Commercial Procurement process, where consortia will be selected through an open tender process. The bidding consortia will be asked to perform R&D to develop data archiving and preservation cloud based services complementing the current on-premise services of a group of procuring organizations, called “the Buyers Group”.
The Early Adopters Programme
In order to encourage wide deployment outside the Buyers Group of solutions developed during the project, ARCHIVER will engage with a group of “Early Adopters”.
The Early Adopter programme is open to any public organisation having a need for innovative digital archiving and preservation solutions that the services resulting from the ARCHIVER project may address.
By becoming an Early Adopter your organisation will have the unique opportunity to :
- Be consulted for feedback on the tender documents before its publication, scheduled on October 2019
- Access R&D materials produced by the ARCHIVER Contractors across all phases of the project
- Access to limited capacity made available by the Buyers Group organisations at no cost, during the pilot phase to test the services developed
- Benefit from the training sessions organised in the context of the project covering the solutions developed and aspects such as OAIS, FAIR, Open Data, etc.
- Potentially profit from the same commercialisation conditions as the Buyers Group organisations participating in the project, in the case of purchase of services developed after the end of the project
- Be able to use procurement funds foreseen in other EC projects in the EOSC context, on which the Early Adopter is member, in order to procure the resulting services developed in ARCHIVER.
Organisations interested in joining ARCHIVER as Early Adopters need to express their interests by completing the form below before June 30th, 2019.
Conditions of Access
The organisations that have expressed their interest will be formally listed in the Request for Tender document. Being listed in the Request for Tender allows all the tender stakeholders, including the bidding companies, to have public evidence of all the parties potentially involved in the project. It does not bind the organisation legally or in any other form to take action as regard testing or procuring the services developed in ARCHIVER.
Organisations listed in the Request for Tender as having expressed interest in the Early Adopter Program will be:
- Required to sign a declaration of non-conflict of interest
- Not allowed to submit a bid to the ARCHIVER Request for Tender
- Required to acknowledge the support of the European Commission and ARCHIVER in any paper publications that result from the testing activities performed with the developed services
- Required to provide structured feedback to the ARCHIVER consortium on the tests performed during the pilot phase
In case of a significant number of expressions of interest, the Buyers Group reserves the right to define criteria in order to select the most appealing candidates taking into account their requirements and to ensure a diversity of research/business sectors engaged.
The Early Adopter model has been developed in the context of the HNSciCloud Pre-Commercial Procurement.
Do you need further information? Visit our FAQ