Are you part of a public sector research organisation with needs for standards-based, cost-effective data archiving and preservation services?
Are high ingest rates, data volumes at scale and long-term support important to you?
If so, the solutions developed by the ARCHIVER project will be of interest for you.
What is the Early Adopter Programme?
The Early Adopter Programme is open to organisations with an interest in closely following the ARCHIVER PCP, from either a policy or demand perspective. It allows you to help shape the R&D carried out in the project, test the solutions developed, giving your organisation a potential route to purchasing pilot-scale services.
Why should my organisation participate?
By becoming an Early Adopter your organisation will be able to:
- Be consulted during the preparation of future ARCHIVER phases;
- Access material produced by the project;
- Propose your own use cases that you are willing to deploy, test resulting services and assess their support for OAIS, FAIR and Open Data as well their cost-effectiveness;
- Benefit from training sessions covering the services developed during the ARCHIVER project;
- Have a legal basis for procuring pilot-scale services directly from the service providers, and request the Buyers Group to obtain pricing for these services on your behalf under certain conditions.
These benefits are all optional and at your discretion. As an Early Adopter, you can pick and choose the benefits that work for you and tailor your degree of participation in the project
What are my obligations as an Early Adopter of ARCHIVER?
If you become an Early Adopter, your only obligations are to:
- Sign a declaration of non-conflict of interest, stating that your organisation will not submit a bid in response to the ARCHIVER Request for Tender;
- Allow the ARCHIVER Buyers Group to list your organisation’s name in its Request for Tenders and subsequent Call-offs;
- In case of engagement in testing activities, describe the use case(s) to potentially test using the ARCHIVER services and to provide structured feedback on the testing results to the ARCHIVER project;
- Acknowledge the support of the European Commission and ARCHIVER project in any publications that result from the aforementioned testing activities performed with the developed services.
How can my organisation join the programme ?
Organisations interested in joining ARCHIVER as Early Adopters need to express their interests by completing the form below before September 22nd, 2019.
Why should I attend the webinar?
A webinar, scheduled on Wednesday 04th September 2019 at 11.00 am CEST, will provide more information about:
- The ARCHIVER project aims, the R&D challenge being addressed, and the timescales;
- The benefits and obligations for participants in the Early Adopters programme;
- The procedure and timescales for joining the programme.